Evacuated Tube Solar Hot Water System- How it works.
The solar collector includes four main components.
1. Evacuated Tube
- Absorbs solar energy and converts it to usable heat. A vacuum between the two glass layers insulates against heat loss.
- The Heat Transfer Fin helps to transfer heat to the Heat Pipe.
- The silicon rubber caps at the end of the tube protect the tube and are UV resistant.
2. Heat Pipe
- Copper vacuum pipe that transfers the heat from within the evacuated tube up to the manifold.
- Insulated box containing the copper header pipe. The header is a pair of contoured copper pipes with dry connect sockets that the heat pipes plug into.
- The manifold casing is made of a strong but lightweight aluminium alloy that is folded to form a strong protective enclosure. The casing is finished with matte black PVDF coating that is UV stabilised for long- term colour fastness.
- Glass wool insulation is “baked like a cake” to form a complete structural shell around the header pipe. This design minimises the amount of metal used in the casing, reducing embodied CO2, and making it very lightweight. The lightness of the manifold box is a feature that installers value when carrying onto the roof.
4. Mounting Frame
- Strong and easy to install with a range of attachment options
- Our manifold is significantly stronger than competitor products with high tensile anodized alumimium mounting frame and 316 (marine grade) stainless steel fasteners and hardware. Only two of new front tracks are required even in high wind load regions.